Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Time to Create template challenge

Welcome to my blog!! Today Lauren Meander at My Time, My Creations, My Stampdependance posted a challenge to use one of her templates, available at Papertrey Ink, and create a back to school project. This is what I came up with.


This is the outside of the box. Teachers definitely work very hard all year long, and I wanted to make something that would show how much I appreciate all of their hard work, but also something that would be useful for them. I started off with Laurens Captured Card Case template. I knew I wanted to use apples on my creation, mostly because I don't have much in the way of school related stamps, so I based the project around the apple from SU's Tart and Tangy stamp set. Then I remembered I had some designer paper from SU that had apples on it, which co-ordinates perfectly with the apple.

I love layers, so I added a couple of designer paper layers to the top of my box, then used my nestabilities to cut out the oval shapes. I wanted the ovals to pretty much cover the box, so I used the biggest scalloped oval shape. Once I saw how big the white oval layer was, I knew the apple needed some help, so I broke out PTI's Borders and Corner Ovals to make a border around the oval. Then I stamped the apple. I thought it looked cute, but maybe I wanted to add a little bit more, so I then took out PTI's Beyond Basic Borders and stamped the leaf image to surround the apple. I was happy with that, so to finish off I added the Real Red ribbon and button, tied off with twine.

For the inside, I put some supplies that I think will be helpful over the year. I wish I could figure out how to add a picture right here, but no luck yet. I will add it as a separate post. I made a divider for the inside of the box and added some pens, glue sticks, binder clips and paper clips. I hope my recipient likes it!!
Thanks for stopping by!!





























































3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love your color choices. Thanks for sharing.... I see you are a new blogger. Welcome! It is addicting! I use wordpress. Otherwise, I would offer up my expertise about uploading multiple pics! But LOTS of people use blogspot.... I am sure once one of them sees your post, they will chime in with some suggestions! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this turned out great! I love that tart and tangy set from SU! You made it shine here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is a great gift set. You got this template challenge! Thanks for playing along - you have one lucky recipient there.

    ReplyDelete