Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Today I am sharing a project I made for tonights Papertrey Inks blog hop. The theme today was to do something inspired by fall. I chose to use fall colors for my project because I love them so much. The dark, rich colors are so beautiful. I was inspired to use this template from Lauren Meander because it holds a baby jar from Yankee Candle. I love to give these little baby jars as gifts, and this little box holds a baby jar perfectly, as you can see if you scroll down a little bit. I used Enchanted Evening cardstock coupled with the Bird Watching set from PTI. I watched Lauren Meanders video on how to use binder clips to make a fabulous handle. She is so creative, I never would have thought to do this. You can see the video here. I was going to leave the top with just the handles, but it looked to plain for me, so I took out some fabric flowers, colored them with my Copic markers and attached them with a pearl brad. The flowers fit perfectly on the top and match great with the birds from the front. Seriously, I love my Copic markers, they are the only markers I have been happy with. I love how they don't leave shadows.



Not a great picture, but here is the candle with the box.


And here is the candle inside the box. See how it fits perfectly inside the box. I couldn't be happier about this project and I can't wait to give it to someone for their birthday!!


Well, thats all for now, I hope everyone enjoys this project!! Thanks for stopping by!




44 comments:

  1. I love this, what a great idea! The colours are fabulous and I love the birds and the flower detail on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo cute! What a super idea! Glad you took part in your first blog hop - it's my first too, so exciting!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is super cute! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo super cute! love those birdies. cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly adorable. GREAT job - I used this same template but I didn't put the handles on this time - I did that a few days ago though and it is the cutest package. GOOD to know that the baby candle fits just right! TFS>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is gorgeous and what an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I am debating whether to get this template or not but I love your project so now I will most likely get it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project! Who wouldn't love to get this?? I LOVE the birds so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never would have realized it fit a cute little baby jar. How creative are you? You sure did bring the warmth of autumn to mind.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love seeing how that candle will fit inside the box. Thanks for sharing that little photo. I think putting the flowers on the top was the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. I'm sure any of your friends would love to get that for their birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute box! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the packaging! Great idea and it look wonderfull!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous fall decorated Tucked Away project! I love how you put a handle on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What nice packaging for the candle. Lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute little gift package and great fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! What a great idea!
    ~lacey
    www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! :) Perfect for candles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute! makes great gift packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job using the binder clips! I love this template!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute, cute, cute! Love the big flowers on top!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely gift! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a great little gift and I love that you've got Enchanted Evening in there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad you displayed the photos showing it with the candle, it helps you get a great feel for the size of the container. Great Fall color choices, neat project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so nice. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea and love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab idea! I need to try that technique with the binder clips!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute project, I like your handles a lot too!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. SO CUTE!! Love that you used the binder clips like Lauren showed us! (on my list to try!!) and I LOVE that candle fits perfect.. will remember this for teacher gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh wow, this is a great idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful colors! Welcome to the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a simply precious gift! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just love those little templates. this turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is so nice! I like how the school supply box came out too! thanks for visiting my blog & and the encouraging words about going back to school-it means a lot! Congratulations to you for going back, that is quite an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete